Perfect mash -
Ingredients: 1kg potatoes, 2 finely chopped spring onions, 1 thickly chopped leek, 150ml milk, 50g butter, handful of both celery leaves and parsley.
1) Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook until tender.
2) In a separate pan, combine the milk and butter adding a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat. Add the spring onions and leeks and leave to simmer gently for 8-10minutes.
3) Drain the potatoes and put back into the pan. Start mashing and infuse the milk mixture until fully combined. Finally, add the parsley and celery leaves and season well.
Winter Stew -
Ingredients: 1tbsp olive oil, 1 onion - finely chopped, 3 garlic cloves - gloves, 1.5lt chicken stock, 2 potatoes - grated, thyme and rosemary leaves, skinless chicken thighs, 5 carrots - cut into chunks, 2 parsnips - cut into chunks and 2 leeks - thickly sliced.
1) Heat the oil in a large lidded pan. Fry the onion and garlic until soft then add the stock stirring in the potatoes and herbs.
2) Add the chicken and bring to the boil. Add the carrots, parsips and leeks and leave to simmer on a low heat for 45minutes.
3) Stir often and cook until chicken in tender.
Ideal served with crusty bread or mash. Serves up to 8 people. Ideal for freezing.
Crunchy baked apples -
Ingredients: 500g custard, 6 apples - cored and halved, 1 orange - juice and zest, 1tbsp cinnamon, 1tbsp golden caster sugar, 6tbsp granola.
1) Heat the oven to 180c/160c fan. Pour the custard into the bottom of an ovenproof baking dish. In a separate bowl coat the apples in the sugar, cinnamon and orange juice and zest.
2) Add the apples to the dish (cut side up) and add on any leftover juice on top.
2) Sprinkle the granola on top and bake for 30minutes. Cover with foil and then bake for a further 20minutes. Cook until apples are soft and hot.
We prefer this served with ice cream. Perfect for sharing serving 4-6 people.
Spinach Soup -
Ingredients: 25g butter, 1 bunch spring onion - chopped, 1 leek - sliced, 2 small celery sticks - sliced, 1 small potato - peeled and diced, 1L of stock using either 2 chicken or veg cubes, 2 bags of spinach, 150g creme fraiche, salt and pepper
1) In a large pan add the butter, spring onions, leek, celery and potato. Stir and cover. Leave for around 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
2) Add the stock and cook for a further 10-15minutes or until the potato is soft. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until it has wilted down.
3) Finally use a hand blender to make a smooth soup. Stir in the creme fraîche, reheat, season to taste and serve.
Easter Sunday Lamb Dinner -
Ingredients: Lamb:Lamb leg - 2.5kg, Garlic bulb, Rosemary, Carrots - cut into chunks, Onions - cut into quarters, 150ml red wine, 1.2l lamb stock.Dauphinoise Potatoes: Wilja potatoes - 1kg, Red onion , 2 garlic cloves, 300ml single cream, Parmesan cheese, 4 anchovies in oil, 2 bay leaves, 4 rashes smoky bacon.
Roasted Veg: Carrots, Leeks, Courgettes, Pepper, Red onions
1) Make a generous amount of cuts in the lamb and poke in 4 sliced garlic cloves and rosemary. Heat the oven (190C/170C fan/gas mark 5)
2) In a large pan heat a tad of oil and brown the lamb all over. Add the carrots, onions, remainder garlic, rosemary, wine and stock to a roasting tin and then place the browned lamb in too.
3)Cook for 50minutes, turn the lamb and cook for another 50minutes. When cooked, leave to rest for 30minutes in a warm place.
4)While the lamb rests you can crack on with the gravy using all it's lovely juices! Pour the stock from the tin through a sieve into a saucepan. Leave to reduce and thicken.
1) Cut the bacon into pieces, fry and set aside. In the same pan, caramelise the red onion. Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the potatoes and put them in a study roasting tin. Peel and crush the garlic on top and add the single cream. Slice the anchovies, grate over a handful of parmesan and add the bay leaves. Season, drizzle with a little olive oil and mix all the ingredients together.
2) Pour in 150ml of boiling water, cover with foil and put on the hob on a medium heat.
3) After 10minutes, add the bacon and onion to the tin and mix again. Finally grate another layer of parmesan on top. Put in the oven (220C/200C/gas mark 7) for at least 15minutes, until the potatoes are done and it's golden brown and bubbling. Sounds a lot of work but it's not - so easy and really delicious, trust us.
1) Cut all the veg into similar size chunks, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, mix and simply cook in the oven for around 30minutes until soft.
2) Remember to stir occasionally.
Ingredients: 700g potatoes - peeled and grated, 2 egg whites, 1 onion, grated, 1 onion, finely chopped, 3 garlic clove, finely chopped, 800g cauliflower florets, 150ml vegetable stock, mixed herbs, fresh flat leaf parsley, 200g cheddar cheese, 200g cherry tomatoes - halved, 2 beaten eggs, 1tsp paprika.
1) Place the grated potato in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Leave for 10minutes then drain off any excess water. Mix together the potato, egg whites and grated onion. Pop into a oven proof dish and spread out evenly so the mixture creates a crust. drizzle with a bit of olive oil and bake for 15minutes in a pre heated oven. (200, fan 180, gas6) when slightly browned, cover with foil and bake for a further 15-20minutes.
2) While that's in the oven get started on the 'filling'. Add a bit of oil to the pan and put over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion, garlic, cauliflower and stock. Cook for around 10minutes or until the cauliflower starts to soften.
3) Once cooled, stir in herbs, parsley, half the cheese, tomatoes and the beaten eggs. Remove the pie 'crust' from the oven and add the cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and paprika on top and bake for 20-30minutes until lightly browned.
Asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon and served with Scrambled eggs.
Ingredients: Bunch of asparagus, 6 Slices of smoked salmon, 3 Free range eggs (available to be delivered with any box), Salt & pepper
1) Cook the asparagus - either chargrill or steam - once cooked wrap 3 of the asparagus is a couple of slices of smoked salmon. Repeat until you have no more left.
2) In a bowl whisk the 3 eggs and salt and pepper. Add to a non stick pan on a medium heat. Stir continually, once it is half way cooked take off the heat but continue to stir until it is cooked. The heat of the pan will gently cook the eggs the rest of the way without over doing them.
3) Once the eggs are done place straight away onto a plate and place the wrapped asparagus on top and enjoy!
Spinach & garlic potato patties.
Ingredients: 4 medium sized potatoes, 1/4 cup of milk, knob of butter, olive oil, 1 cooking onion - finely chopped, 1 bag of spinach, 3 garlic cloves - minced, 1 cup finely grated parmesan, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 egg - lightly beaten, 2 cups bread crumbs
1) Boil the potatoes and make mash the using the milk. Set aside.
2) Heat a knob of butter and a dash of oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened. Then add the spinach and garlic and cook for a further minute or 2 until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Take of the heat and combine this mixture with the mashed potatoes. Add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, egg and bread crumbs and stir until all is combined.
4) shape the mixture into small patties. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry on each side for a few minutes until golden brown. Do this in batches.
5) Once fried, to soak up any excess oil, pop a paper towel on a plate and place the patties on there while you make the next batch.
Asparagus, pancetta and black pudding salad
Ingredients: 1 bunch of asparagus, 50g pancetta / smoked bacon bits, 2 pieces of black pudding, Vinegar, 2 free range eggs, Salad leaves Dressing: 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard, 1tsp honey, 3tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
1) Firstly fry the pancetta or smoked bacon bits in a little oil. When done, empty onto a paper towel to sock up any excess oil. In the same oil that's still in the pan fry the black pudding for 7-8 minutes, turning once.
2) Prepare the asparagus and throw away the woody ends. Place each head onto a hot griddle pan and leave to get charred. turn over once it has darkened.
3) In the meantime you can poach two eggs and make your salad dressing. Pop all the dressing ingredients into a glass or a bottle and simple shake - make sure it's covered first!
4) Add the salad leaves to the plate first then top with asparagus, black pudding, pancetta and poached egg. Finally drizzle over as much dressing as you would like.
5) Enjoy! This is a really simple, easy to do recipe that honestly tastes amazing!
Asia inspired salmon fillet
Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, 2 pak choi (halved), 1 red chilli, 1inch of ginger cut into matchsticks, 2 garlic cloves, soy sauce.
1) In an individual ceramic dish place the halved pak choi to make a bed and place the salmon on top.
2) Cover each with chopped chilli, ginger and sliced garlic.
3) Add the soy sauce - around 1 cm - over the pak choi.
4) Cover with foil and bake in the oven until the fish is cooked, maybe around 20minutes
depending on the size of salmon. cook at 200 degrees Celsius.
5) Serve with noodles or white rice. Or if you're different like us, warm potato salad and flash fried mange tout.
Cherry Crumble Pie
Ingredients: Pastry: 200g plain flour, 50g ground hazelnuts, 140g cold butter, 50g caster sugar, For the topping: 3tbsp raspberry jam, 500g cherries, 50g hazelnuts (chopped), 2tbsp demerara sugar.
1) Heat the oven to 190C/ fan 170c / gas 5. Tip the flour, hazelnuts and butter into a food processor until it's fine crumbs. Add the sugar then mix a little. Put 3 tbsp of the mixture into a separate bowl.
2) With the remaining mixture add 1/2tbsp of water to make a firm dough. Tip it onto a floured surface and knead briefly. If the dough is soft wrap in cling film and pop it into the fridge for 20minutes or so.
3) Roll the dough out and use a 10-12cm cutter to make 12 rounds. You will have to gather up and re-roll the dough. Pop each round into a greased muffin tin.
4) Warm the jelly/jam until it melts then add the cherries and stir. Add the chopped hazelnuts and sugar to the mix you reserved earlier.
5) Add the cherry mix to the tins and top with the crumble mixture. Bake for 25-30minutes until pastry and crumb is lightly browned. Leave to cool slightly and then remove from the tins.
6) Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Blueberry Croissant Puff
Ingredients: 4 croissants, 1 punnet fresh blueberries, 8oz cream cheese, 2/3 cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk, 2 eggs, 1tsp vanilla extract
1) Cut up the croissants into bite size chunks and arrange in a square tin around 7". Scatter the blueberries on top.
2) Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Once combined add the milk bit by bit.
3) Pour over the croissants and leave to stand for 20minutes so the croissants adsorb the mixture.
4) Put into the oven (350F/180C/gas mark 4) and bake for around 30-40minutes until golden brown all over. If bits start to get too brown cover with
foil for the last 10minutes.
5) Serve with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Ideal as a breakfast or dessert. If you are making for more people or have a larger tin then you can easily double the recipe.
Beetroot & Feta cheese salad
Ingredients: 1 bunch beetroot (4 heads), 1tbsp balsamic vinegar, feta cheese, mint leaves
1) Wash and peel the beetroot and boil until cooked. Allow to cool and chop into bitesize chunks.
2) Add the tbsp of balsamic vinegar and mix in.
3) Finely chop the mint, leaving a couple of sprigs to garnish later. Stir them in gently.
4) Finally crumble the feta cheese on top and add the mint you saved earlier and voilà! The most easy and tasty summer salad you will do time and time again!
Ingredients: 4 flat mushrooms, 200ml passata, Dried wild oregano, 80g cooked chorizo, 50g Hard goats cheese, Smoked cheddar, grated on top.
1) Fry the mushrooms whole for 2 minutes on each side. After put them onto a baking tray and divide the passata between them.
2) Add the oregano, chorizo and goats cheese and then finally sprinkle over the grated smoked cheese.
3) Bake in the oven on 200c/180cfan for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
4) Delicious served as a starter on a bed of rocket or add another mushroom and serve as a main with lots of salad.
Ingredients: 1 white onions, 2 garlic cloves, 400g courgettes - halved lengthways and thinly sliced, dried oregano, 150ml passata, salt and pepper, crusty bread to serve.
) Heat some olive oil in a pan on a low to medium heat and add the onion, cook until softened and pale golden in colour. The stir in finely chopped garlic cloves.
2) Turn the heat up to medium -high and add courgettes, dried oregano and season with salt and pepper until taste. Turn occasionally until courgettes become tender.
3) Add all the passata and bring to the boil. Do not stir at this point, let the passata boil and cook the courgettes until they are tender but not mushy.
4) Add it's done! Transfer to a dish and serve with lots of crusty bread.